This page contains basic information on how to use MoodPlay. You can access it at any time through the MoodPlay app by going to "Help" > "Help Center".
From the team: "Thank you for purchasing MoodPlay! As a new product, there may still be a few minor bugs or features that have not yet been implemented. However, we are diligently working through a list of requests and are dedicated to making MoodPlay better each week.
Thank you for your support and for being a part of the MoodBlocks Community! ❤️"
- 1. Basic Functionalities
- Sonos Radio MoodBlock: Start Music
- Creative MoodBlock: Save & Start Music
- Pausing and Continuing Music
- 2. Advanced Functionalities
- Next Song, Previous Song, Beginning of Song
- Group Shortcuts
- Activate Shuffle for a block
- Reset MoodPlay
- 3. Commonly asked questions
- 4. Trouble Shooting
1. Basic Functionalities
Sonos Radio MoodBlock: Start Music
To play music from a Sonos Radio MoodBlock, simply insert the Block into the slot of MoodPlay and press it all the way in until it “snaps” into place. This ensures that the MoodBlock is properly positioned and won't fall out. You cannot change the music that is stored on a Sonos Radio MoodBlock.
Once the LED starts flashing, the information on the MoodBlock is read and sent to your Sonos speaker. It may take a few seconds for Sonos to start the music, which is indicated by the pulsating LED.
Creative MoodBlock: Save & Start Music
Creative MoodBlocks enable you to save albums or playlists from Spotify Premium or Apple Music to a MoodBlock. You can then play this music using MoodPlay.
Step 1: Make sure that your Music Service is added inside the Sonos App
Please ensure that your music service (e.g. Spotify or Apple Music) is set up inside your Sonos App and authenticated. Otherwise, it won’t work. To verify this, open your Sonos App → Settings → Services & Voice. If your music app is not listed, add it. If it is already added, confirm that it’s working by clicking on “Reauthorize Account.”
Step 2: Save Music to a MoodBlock
For an extensive guide on how to save music to a MoodBlock, please click here.
- Open your music app (Spotify Premium or Apple Music) and navigate to the album or playlist that you want to save on a block. Spotify Free is not supported.
- Click on the three dots “…” → share → copy link. Now, the link to the music is saved to your clipboard.
- Switch to the MoodBlocks app and go to the “Save to Block” menu tab.
- Click “Paste Link from Clipboard” → “Save to MoodBlock” → Hold your phone with the position of your NFC sensor close to a block → You will see confirmation.
Now you can place the block onto your MoodPlay. To update the music on the block, repeat these same steps.
Step 3: Play Music
You can now play your favorite music on a Creative MoodBlock, simply by following the same steps as starting a Sonos Radio MoodBlock. Click here to scroll up and see how to do this.
Pausing and Continuing Music
To pause the music, press the round dial until you hear a click and then release it. Press it again to continue playing the music.
In order to increase the volume, turn the dial to the right. In order to decrease the volume, turn the dial to the left. Start by doing this slowly to get a feeling for how much the volume increases with every click.
2. Advanced Functionalities
Next Song, Previous Song, Beginning of Song
To skip to the next song, swipe left to right across the gray line next to the volume button.
To go to the previous song, swipe right to left twice across the gray line next to the volume button.
If you wait for more than 3 seconds after the first swipe, MoodPlay will restart the same song instead of going back one song.
Please note that these functions are not available for Sonos Radio stations unless you use Sonos Radio HD.
This feature is coming very soon! Stay tuned.
Activate Shuffle for a block
For every block that has a playlist or an album from Spotify Premium or Apple Music, you can choose to play it in shuffle mode or unshuffled. However, this is not possible for Sonos Radio Stations.
By default, every block is unshuffled. To activate shuffle mode, follow these steps:
- Scan a block with your phone instead of MoodPlay to start music. If you are an iPhone user, you need an iPhone Xs or newer to use this feature. We are working on a solution to make this available to users with iPhones 7 and newer, but it is currently unavailable.
- On the "Play" screen, press the shuffle button. A blue notification will appear, indicating that shuffle mode has been activated for this block.
- You can now place the block on MoodPlay or use it with your phone, and it will play in shuffle mode.
- To deactivate shuffle mode for this block, follow the same process using your phone and click on the shuffle button to turn off this feature.
Sometimes you may need to reset your device. Follow these steps:
- With the power plugged in, turn the device around.
- Locate the reset button next to the USB port. Press and hold it for more than 5 seconds. The reset will only occur once you release the button.
- Turn the MoodPlay device back around. The LED should undergo a few changes and eventually start blinking blue. Allow this to continue for a few seconds.
- If this did not work, repeat the process.
- Now you can set up MoodPlay again. It's best to close and reopen the app. Navigate to "MoodPlay" in the bottom menu and follow the process.
3. Commonly asked questions
More information will be added in the coming days
4. Trouble Shooting
If you encounter any issues or have feature requests, please add them here, send us feedback via the app under "help" > "feedback," or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support and for being a part of the MoodBlocks Team! ❤️"