When you tap a MoodBlocks, a notification should pop up, as shown below. Clicking on this notification should open the MoodBlocks App.
If the notification does not appear when you tap a MoodBlock, please check the following:
- Make sure that you are using an iPhone Xs, Xr, 11, 12, 13 or 14. Older iPhones do not have the "NFC background reading" functionality required to use MoodBlocks.
- Ensure that your phone is not in airplane mode as this will disable NFC.
- Ensure that your phone is not in battery-saving mode as this will disable NFC.
- Make sure that your screen is activated. When the screen is dark or black (not activated), NFC is disabled.
- Hold your phone correctly. The NFC sensor in your iPhone is located on the back, on the upper edge of your phone. Hold the upper edge close to a MoodBlock. You'll get the best results if you hold the iPhone approximately 1cm away from the block instead of tapping the block directly.
- Ensure that the MoodBlock is not placed on a metallic surface as metallic surfaces disable NFC functionality.
- If you use a protective casing on your iPhone, try without the casing to see if it changes anything. Some casings have metal particles or are very thick, which can disable NFC functionality.
- Using a protective casing with a card inside can potentially impede the functionality of the NFC sensor.
Have you checked everything above and the problem still persists? Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll do our best to assist you as quickly as possible.