This guide will help you if you are experiencing one of the following problems:
- You are unable to save music from Spotify Premium to a MoodBlock (e.g., when you receive an error message that says “invalid link”).
- You can store Spotify content on a MoodBlock, but when you tap the MoodBlock to play music and then click on the notification, the Muse Blocks App opens, but the music does not start playing.
- Please note that MoodBlocks are designed to be used with Spotify Premium, not the free version of Spotify.
1. Ensure you can play music from the Sonos App
First, we need to make sure that your system is working properly. Please open the Sonos App and try to play music from your Spotify Premium account. Make sure that you use the Sonos App to test this, not the Spotify app.
- Open the Sonos App.
- Click on “Search” in the bottom menu.
- Search for an album like “Kiasmos” by Kiasmos.
- Play the album.
Did it work?
✅ Yes. Great, your system is working properly. The issue is most likely related to the type of content you are trying to use with MoodBlocks. Please proceed to the next step.
❌ No, I cannot find or play an album from Spotify Premium through the Sonos App. Okay, we need to make sure that Spotify Premium is set up correctly first. Please follow the following guide to ensure that your music service is working correctly before proceeding to the next step.
2. Check if you can save and play an album using a MoodBlock
Spotify Premium does not allow us to store every type of music from Spotify Premium on a MoodBlock and play it on Sonos.
- ✅ Albums
- ✅ Playlists
- ✅ Radio Playlists
- ✅ Songs
- ✅ Artists
- ❌ Podcast Show / Episodes
To check that there are no issues with the content, please test the following:
- Open the Spotify app.
- Search for an album. In this case, we are looking for the album “Kiasmos” by Kiasmos.
- Click on the three dots “…” and select “Share”.
- Click on “Copy Link” to copy the link to the album to your clipboard.
- Switch to the MoodBlocks app to save the link from your clipboard to a MoodBlock.
- If you do not know how to save music to a MoodBlock, please find the help guide here:
- → How to save music onto a MoodBlock
- → Tap the MoodBlock to play the music. Once you click the notification that appears after you tap the MoodBlock, does the MoodBlocks App open, and does the music start playing as expected?
- If you don’t know how to save music to a MoodBlock, please find the help guide here.
- → How to play music using a MoodBlocks
- ✅ Yes. Okay, great! We’re glad we could help. Please stick to albums and playlists for now. We’re in contact with Spotify to also enable other forms of content like radio stations.
- ❌ No. Did you follow the steps above, but you still have trouble saving or playing music? Please move on to step 3.
3. Still have an issue?
If the problem persists, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We will try to help you as quickly as possible.